A big Thank You to all our main donors who kindly donated to make our Sri Srinivas Balaji Kalyanam event last Sunday an overwhelming success. With your generosity we managed to raise over £10,000 for building the first Hindu Temple & Cultural Centre in Swindon.More than 600 people turned up for the grand event. Showing the strength and the sheer scale of Hindus in and around Swindon. There were families who have travelled far to witness the Divine wedding. Another thought for the Council to see - WHy Swindon needs a Hindu Temple?
A proud moment for all Hindus in Swindon to organise Satyanarayan Puja for the very first time, yesterday.
The event was very well attended, around 300 people who were blessed by Lord Vishnu to overcome obstacles and adversities in life and showered with blessings for prosperity & happiness.
Thanks to Chennai Dosa Swindon for providing such sumptuous food, everyone loved it. Our sincere thanks to Pundit Kalyana Sundara Kurrukkal for coming from London to grace the occasion and to the entire team for their kind and selfless help for the community.
A special thank to Balgokulam Swindon and SEWA UK for organising kids games and keeping them engaged while the adults could perform the Puja with devotion.
- To promote Hindu Faith, its doctrines, its scriptures and practice Hindu beliefs through assembly, worship and discourse.
- To establish, maintain and manage a Hindu Temple and Cultural Centre for religious, social, and cultural activities for the use of the public.
- To offer facilities for religious functions and for performing religious rites (as per the Hindu Faith) related to births, deaths and marriages for people of all faiths.
- To provide a meeting place for Hindus and for others who are interested in Hinduism.
- To advance traditional Hindu cultural activities, religious studies and performing arts.
- To provide facilities for and actively co-ordinate social care, social interaction, friendship and goodwill among people in the wider community.
- To form a charitable & educational organization to promote social, cultural, religious principles and practice.
- To conduct educational programmes for children as well as adults based on Hindu values and traditions.
- Formed an organization which solely works towards the above objects, primarily to establish a Hindu Temple in Swindon
- Prepared a Constitution document for the organization
- Formed a working group to spearhead the work and reaching out to like-minded individuals and organizations to form links and to have unified group to promote and make the initiative a success
- Registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with Charity Commission (Registered Charity Number 1158603)
- Bhajan/Keertan events, followed by Preeti-bhoj being held every month since April 2014
- Bring together all the Hindu communities in and around Swindon area
- Reach out to various established/known Hindu organizations in Swindon like Hindu Samaj Swindon, Swindon Tamil Association, Bengali Association, Nepalese Association, Swindians, Maharashtrian group, Kannada group, Telugu group, etc. so that we all have common objectives for the welfare of the community and can work together towards the common goal
- Encourage people to become members of the Swindon Hindu Temple Trust (membership fee is only £1 per individual)
- Form an Executive Committee for managing the activities of the Trust
- Raise funds for building a Hindu Temple and Cultural Centre in Swindon
- Arrange/liaise meetings with the local Council, MPs, Councilors and other bodies to further the main objective as part of the wider community integration
- Look for land appropriate for building a Hindu Temple and Cultural Centre
- Organize regular monthly prayers
- Formulate a project plan with regular meetings and progress/milestones accomplished
To stay updated on our latest, day to day developments, please join us on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
To make online Donations & to set-up Standing Order through your bank, please use our bank account details
Account Name: Swindon Hindu Temple Trust
Name of Bank: Barclays Bank
Sort Code: 20-84-58
Account Number: 33915832
Reference: (YOUR NAME)